Types of fabrics for wedding dresses: main characteristics
Thinking about choosing a wedding dress, the future bride first of all thinks about the style of her dreams, in which she will feel the best, and her silhouette will look as attractive as possible. The appearance of the dress is influenced not only by its design, but also by the material from which it was sewn. So, let's find out what types of fabrics for wedding dresses are most popular and what are the main characteristics of wedding fabrics to pay attention to!
The type of wedding fabric is a topic that primarily interests wedding dresses manufacturers when creating the new collections of outfits. To buy the wedding fabrics wholesale of the high quality offers online store Wedding World.
Lightweight fabric for sewing wedding dresses
* Organza — thin and transparent, at the same time quite rigid and light. Perfect for dresses with ruffles and draperies, as well as lush outfits.
* Chiffon — pleasant to the touch, light, smooth and slightly translucent with a linen intertwining. It's most often used in simple desings, such as Greek. Perfect for Boho style.
* Muslin is very noble with an incredible airiness. Smooth, translucent, delicate and soft to the touch. If you need light wedding fabrics that emphasize women's shapes, then this is definitely is the best option.
* Silk is an extremely light, noble material, smooth and slippery. Due to the high price, folds and poor breathability, it is replaced with artificial alternatives.
* Taffeta is quite rigid, light and rustling. Works with all types of draperies and pleats. There are smooth or crepe types. It can be very or slightly shiny. It's easy to give a lush shape to the dress, without weighing down the outfit.
Wedding fabric with patterns
* Tulle is usually a semi-transparent material with a grid structure. Due to the huge number of types, it is very popular among designers. Airy dresses that brides dream of are often made from tulle.
* Lace — openwork braid with many patterns — a timeless choice. This is a fairly versatile option — depending on the shape and texture, it works well in boho, romantic and elegant dresses. For ethnic-style outfits, there must be lace elements. Many types of lace are available: coder, French, Spanish.
* Guipure is a special type of lace (also called Venetian lace), characterized by a very convex pattern. Often used for corsets.
Dense fabrics for sewing bridal dresses
* Atlas is usually a heavy, smooth and fairly dense fabric that is characterized by a high level of stiffness. At the same time, it seems delicate to the touch and appearance, which allows you to get a great effect in quite voluminous outfits.
* Satin is a finer type of atlas, smooth with gloss on one side and matte on the other. It looks great and works in very elegant, both fitted and puffy dresses.
* Mikado is a dense material with a characteristic ribbed texture, which is a mixture of various types of silk. One of the most expensive options used in exclusive dresses. Works in classic silhouettes, straight and flared dresses.
* Jacquard is a thick and heavy material with embossed patterns. If you are looking for dense wedding fabrics in the Baroque style, then jacquard is the right option.
Features of working with different fabrics
- Minimize seams, tuck, and trim.
- Ironind of this material should be barely touching.
- Before utting, cover the table with a blanket so that the material slides less.
- Cut chiffon, georgette and crepe in one layer. Make the pattern complete. Pin it to the fabric and remove it only after stitching.
- Choose a thin thread for stitching.
- Make as few stitches as possible. However, for a form-fitting outfit, it is acceptable to use the set-up seams, if the lace material is dense and with a large convex pattern.
- Place the elements on the pattern so that you can best show the motif of the lace pattern. Place the parts of the rapport symmetrically at the back and front. In the place of seams, they should be combined.
- Individual elements of lace or a strip of curly edge can be cutted and used as applications.
- Before cutting the lace, you need to try on the outfit. First, you need to stitch and adjust the elements from the lining, and only then you can transfer the changes to the lace. If the lining is not expected, make a template from an inexpensive material.
Fabrics for wedding and evening dresses wholesale from Wedding World
Before buying wedding fabrics in large quantities, ask the supplier to send samples or, if this isn't possible, just order a small amount of the range, which you can view and approve. For reputable companies, it will not be difficult to arrange fast delivery to your country. Consultants of our online store Wedding World are well informed about peculiar properties of fabrics and what are the features of working with it. Ordering our fabrics wholesale, you are guaranteed to get profitable cooperation and good service, purchasing high-quality and beautiful fabrics for your business.